Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Birthday

Happy Birthday to me it was! I had a great day Tuesday, from start to finish. Made me feel very blessed to have so many friends.


When I got to work, my Haitian nurse had a song, scripture, and a nice prayer for me, as well as flowers. (Real flowers in Haiti is rare based on my experience).

Then when I came home for lunch, everybody was waiting for me in the cafeteria with cake and cookies and candy and pop, balloons everywhere, and cards and some gifts!! It's interesting how they can make a celebration fun without having the abundance we're used to. They love to celebrate, and made me feel very special.


In the afternoon, Bobi decided she was comfortable enough doing the Mamba clinic that I didn't have to go down. We made sure our 'walkie talkie worked and off she went. Meanwhile, I moved into my new bachelor apartment! Yes, I actually did! and it was fun. It's right beside the other place, attached to it, but separate. It really feels separate. Except Bobi and I kind of miss each other (we're close!)


Then for dinner, Pastor Henri, Sister Gladys, Mark, and Bobi took me to Club Indigo (the nicest place in the area) for a wonderful buffet dinner. And after that, we went to our friends Chris and Leslie for cake and homemade ice cream.


A call from home and 16 email birthday messages finished my day.

OK, I was hoping to add photos, but since I don't know when that will happen, I better post this now.

God bless you all!!

Elsie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Elsie! That is great to read that you had such a wonderful day and were so blessed! Sounds like a fun thing to do - move into a new apartment on your birthday. Does it have separate rooms or is it one big room? How are things going there?
Have a great weekend! We have a volleyball tournament this weekend and guests all weekend - will be busy! Love, Colleen

Anonymous said...

Sorry to have missed your birthday, Elsie. So happy to hear it was a good one! I can't wait to see the pictures!