Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Birthday Pictures

Hi! Got some pictures uploaded finally. Couldn't do more, with our slow internet service.

We're kept real busy as always. Thanks to many of you giving money, this week we've been able to prepare more food for a lot of people - both in Cabaret and in our surrounding areas. People keep coming begging for help. How do we respond????

This week has been busy for me because I finished moving into my apartment. Doesn't mean I've found a spot for everything yet! Thankfully I've got suitcases because I sure don't have a lot of furniture. My furniture consists of one desk (with two small rusted drawers), one dresser, and my bed. Oh, and I can't forget.. P.Henri gave me a birthday gift yesterday - a 2-burner propane hotplate. Once they set it up, I'll be able to heat water, if I get something to heat it in. One of these days, which I can't see happening for another 2-5 weeks, I plan to go furniture scouting. Next Sat. is Canadian Thanksgving and I've been invited by friends to go celebrate it with friends of theirs who are Canadians, whom I've never met. Sounds interesting, right? Especially since there's a pool....

I better go. Just wanted to share a few more photos!



Bobi (doctor's assistant as she calls herself) with a little two month old that came in with a high fever


Bobi and me chatting (and working) at the clinic :)


The neighborhood goats love to sleep under our porch. This little kid got too adventurous and couldn't get back out through the bars.


Bobi, Mark, me, Sister Gladys and Pastor Henri at Club Indigo, taking me out for dinner. Imagine the Carribean ocean in the back.


Officially Canaanite now, per Pastor Henri

1 comment:

amory blane said...

Smrt všudypřítomným jeans! Kill jeans.