Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Drunk?

Well, this week is going full speed again. This month is flying. I thought January was the longest month ever; I'm just as busy this month, but we're already half through!

This last weekend was relaxing - Sat. I took Allen, Jonathan, and Naomi to St Marc. They don't get out much and it was time! Why, the guys hadn't even been to St Marc and they've been here 5 weeks! (Those that have been here understand that comment). So we went to Epidore (Haiti's version of fast foods), where we met 3 of my missionary lady friends and joined them. Then we walked around the park a bit. They were having a meeting there all day, since it was the fasting and prayer weekend for them. Hundreds have become Christians this last weekend, if not thousands.
St Marc park

Yesterday I went in to get my truck serviced. Wasn't the best day for me. The two hours waiting turned to almost 4 (ok, so I was able to spend the first two at a Dominoes Pizza across the road :) Then the "I though" free service came up with a bill of $77 US! Gosh, I don't even pay that in Canada!
Traffic was bad and we didn't get the passports for Gaelle - AGAIN.
We were able to load up the truck with Mackerel cans again.
Then I came home and in the even went to pick up three more patients. Getting back to the dorm with them, I found some unwanted excitement there. One of the patients (he's the most well one, only has an infection on his foot) was yelling and saying things, like God will give him a revelation about everyone, and a lot of other unpleasant stuff. His cousin that's here too was actually a little scared of him - didn't want to sleep beside him. And some of the others were afraid too. I gave him some calming medicine; I hope it worked. My conclusion was that he was drunk; He went out yesterday. That or he went berserk (which has been known to happen since the earthquake). I guess I'll see how he is this morning.
This morning it's back to Port. We're going to the Jamaican Military base; they said they'd give us more cots and clothes and medicine.
OK, breakfast time.
Thanks for continuing to keep us in your prayers!


2 comments:

Goat Gal said...

Elsie
Your adventures amaze me. Bless you
Sarah

Stacey Ann said...

Still praying!