Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Phone Number

OK, I’ve bought me a new phone (palm treo actually – didn’t trust Iphones to work here) so here’s my new number if anyone ever feels God telling you to call me! Ha! It’s with a different Haitian company, so I should have better service coverage now. I can actually receive calls from any part of my bedroom; before it was only by my window. 509-3859-9716 To call from another country you would have to add your country code to call out, i.e. 011, or 001.

Last night Bobi and I went to a birthday party in St Marc. We asked Matt from ‘Clean water for Haiti mission’ to go too, and he drove. It was a most entertaining evening, the ride being almost the funniest. Nothing like it in North America so I won’t even start to compare it to something. Needless to say, my head touched the truck ceiling several times, and I wasn’t sure if all the contents of my purse were still in the purse. Bobi had met Shekina on the plane on her way here. She’s with YWAM, so I was glad to get to know that place in St Marc too. I won’t say they’re 25 minutes from here, but I will say that’s what it took us to come home.

The town of Cabaret, spoken of before, is still being bombarded with water. Incredible how one town keeps getting it. You’d think the hurricanes are gone now.... but apparently there’s been a tropical storm somewhere, and that area’s been getting some rain again, especially on the mountains. It must be the new “paths” the river created, but yesterday the town was covered in water and mud again (this is the same town we went to visit, where we saw the dead baby). Sister Gladys said as they were driving through it, she saw people just standing there crying; didn’t even seem to have the energy to shovel out the mud again.

Here’s another thing to pray about. We heard of this baby from Gonaives that lost both of her parents in the flood – waters apparently washed them away. The baby had been with this other lady. She is now asking if we can take this baby girl of 2 months. So we’ll see what happens next week. Sometimes the desperation causes people to make up stories, so we have to try to verify what they say. If this did happen, this may become my baby (in Canaan). They tell me of this boy that was trying to get to the States and he had to prove both his parents were dead. Guess who helped him get all the documents – his own dad! Imagine the desperation when you forge your own death certificate!

Ok, this was just suppose to be a quick one to let those of you who have been asking for my phone number know what it is, so I better quit.

God bless you all, right where you are!
Elsie

No comments: