Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday, August 12, 2011

Paperwork

Hi,

So this is really today's update. The last couple ones, I had written off line, and then either forgot they weren't posted, or was waiting on pictures.

I've been really busy getting all the last minute paperwork in Haiti. Being the first "Haitian" adoption for this lawyer I think, and the first for the Cresh, it's one of those things: "Oh, I need another 4 pictures". "Oh, I need a statement from a Haitian bank with 'so and so much' money so yesterday I went and opened a dollar account. Had to return today for the statement. This done going to St Marc with a taptap. Thankfully I already had a Gourde account so it wasn't too complicated, only time consuming.

Early this morning we took 2 pregnant moms to Pierre Payen to do ultrasounds. I am open to adopting another baby boy, so wanted to see if these were boys. :) The earliest one is a girl, the other a boy but not due till Nov., so I guess not for me. God knows if there is another for me. Right now I don't know of any.


Heather is in charge of the Creshe, and becoming a dear friend here. I am SO thankful for her, and all she does for me.

After the U/S, I went to the Creshe, where a psychologist was waiting for me. He did Caleb and my Psych evaluations. I could've done that myself and saved myself all that money!!! Basically it was a matter of recording my data (name, education, etc) and all my family's names, my hobbies, personality, etc.

Anyway, I am now DONE with all the requirements for the adoption, and I think the lawyer's hoping to have it done this month yet. That would be such a miracle!!! But such an answer to prayer. I need to get on the ball with the Canadian Sponsorship paperwork!!!

Apparently there's a chance that the laws will change, so that single people can't adopt. Or at least, they have to have boyfriends.


Has started LOVING books. ALSO loves the camera. He started smiling like this as soon as he saw me with the camera.


He's also learning to smell - loves scented tissues, but even likes smelling his diapers. The other day I told him to smile, and he started sniffing like he was smelling. Guess it does sound similar.


The shower water drains so slowly, it gives him time to play.

Well, I guess you're not reading this just to hear and see pictures of Caleb. But he pretty well is my life right now. It is really nice to have the time to dedicate to him.

It is a strange feeling to still be here in Haiti, and not be actively involved in Mission work. Time is flying, and it seems there is always something to do. Of course, since I don't have a vehicle, everything takes longer if I need to go out.

I feel very blessed at this moment, it's like a "pause in time", only things don't pause. But emotionally speaking, I'm starting to relax, which I realized I needed a lot. I don't know for sure what I'll do after this stage, but God is faithful to guide me. He always has in the past, I don't doubt he will continue.

God bless you all!!!
Elsie



Here's a few site about the American attorney, Time Rowe, for those interested in possibly adopting from Haiti.

http://www.theindianalawyer.com/indianapolis-attorney-creates-rescue-mission-for-displaced-children/PARAMS/article/26763

http://goodnessofgodministries.wordpress.com/2011/02/21/voice-of-the-orphan-in-haiti/

No comments: